The South African Quilters' Guild
The South African Quilters` Guild was founded in 1989 at the 3rd National Quilt Festival held in Bloemfontein and has been the governing body of quilting in South Africa since then. The SAQG is a non-profit making association with 12 affiliated Guilds.
MISSION STATEMENT: To foster an environment where South Africans can reach their full potential in quilt making and related textile art.
DUTIES: The SAQG is responsible for:
- Establishing Rules for National Quilt Festivals;
- Training of Quilt Judges to officiate at National Quilt Festivals;
- Marketing of quilting in South Africa and abroad;
- Documenting of Heritage Quilts and
- Involvement in Outreach Work in previously disadvantaged communities.
NATIONAL FESTIVALS: The first National Quilt Festival was held in Cape Town in 1988. The National Festivals are now held biennially on a rotational basis by five of the bigger Guilds - Dias, Golden Rand, Good Hope, Oranje and Natal
PO Box 2108, Sasolburg 1947
Tel: 016- 9733205 (H)
083 287 7446 (Mobile)
086 537 7820 (Fax)