Started 1999 - MASIBAMBANE
Let`s hold hands together - is a word coined by interested parties from our previously disadvantaged communities.
The outreach programme was started in 1999 with objectives defined as:
- Bringing together of women whom would otherwise be isolated in their homes/rooms.
- The creation of opportunities to socialise and share ideas.
- The development of a sense of pride in providing self-made articles both for themselves and their homes.
- The development of hand-eye co-ordination, an important asset in life in general.
- The creation of opportunities to participate in income generating projects.
- The creation of something useful and aesthetically beautiful, using left-over fabric.
- The creation of opportunities for cross-cultural experiences.